Monday, April 05, 2010

Week #3/Easter

Okay, I'm done now. Seriously, I am so tired of eating the same things over and over again. I am also tired of watching people eat cake and cookies, I really want to eat cake and cookies too! I will admit that I sleep really well these days but its not enough for me to stay on this. I am more conscious about what I eat and what ingredients are in stuff, but I really miss eating 'normal' food. Two more weeks and counting.

Sean just left an hour ago. He came over to have Easter dinner with GG and myself, which was really nice. What I wasn't counting on was the power outage. We had a terrible storm Thursday night and around noon on Friday I lost power. A lot of people all over the island lost power. It was terrible. Whatever do you do without power? no internet, no lights, no nothing. Within 3 hours I was freezing cold and my laptop battery was running low. So I went down to my cousin's place because they still had power. They are out of town but I have a key and she knew I was going there. I ran into my GG and ended up taking him to his hair appointment and then he took me out for dinner. I got home around 7 and there still wasn't any power. So I called the radio station (how else was I to get information?) and they said no power until Sunday. So I packed up food and clothes as quickly as I could (it was getting dark) and headed back to Jan's house to spend the night. Thank goodness they had power.

Sean arrived on Sat and it was a gorgeous day. I had power again just after 1pm, but by that time I had moved all the food for the dinner to Jan's house and so we just stayed there for the night. The dinner was very nice. On Sunday GG took us out for breakfast at A&W (I watched them eat) and then Sean helped me move everything back to my place. We chilled for a bit and then went to the movie "How to Train your Dragon 3D" and it was INCREDIBLE. I really want to go again, it was a great movie. We watched "The Hurt Locker" the night before and it was pretty good too. Now I'm cleaning sheets at Jan's house and trying to get motivated enough to write an essay. I also have to create an outline for a test I have on Thursday. I cannot wait until school is over. But it was a pretty good Easter weekend, I'm really glad Sean came down because we had so much fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you for hanging in there and doing your complete cleanse, only about ten days to go now. Especially when you have loads of school work and work pressures. It would be easy to cheat.
I had no idea you were so up close with that whole murder scene, so sorry you had to run into that. I feel so badly for the girl and her family. What a terrible waste. God bless them all. Be careful, take care, love you. Grams