Wednesday, April 21, 2010

And so it continues...

Hello, yes I am still on the Candida Cleanse-day 33. I figured...why not? I made it this far, surely I can go a little longer. Yes and no. It's a struggle as I am starting to tire of eating the same, plain diet day after day. I would love to have two slices of toast in the morning, yet I'm full with only one. I'd love to have a slice of cake at work, but then when I run in the evening I'm really glad I didn't. It's so up and down right now. I was going to end tomorrow, seeing as it is Jan's birthday...but now I'm thinking another week wouldn't kill me. I keep reading testimonials of other cleansers to motivate me. Some people have been on this cleanse for 3 months! I couldn't imagine. I don't want it to take that long for me. I do want to pass the spit test with flying colours and I didn't last week...there was some cloudiness and that concerns me. I watn to be 100% sure because I never want to do this again.
Thankfully Riley helps keep me distracted. He came limping home Saturday morning and his poor leg was swollen to 4x its size. I immediately took him to the vet hospital (9am Sat morning...) but they couldn't find any wound and figured that his shoulder received trauma of some kind. They gave him a shot of antibiotics and sent us home with antibiotics as well. Riley pretty much slept for 96 hours straight! He could get on the couch, but he couldnt get off, so I was picking him up (gently) and putting him down. He was in so much pain. The first day he didnt even want me to sit next to him. By Sunday afternoon he came and sat on me and on Monday he was running around and only limping a little bit. I let him out last night as his leg was back to normal size. I am still going to pump antibiotics into him for the next couple of days. I have lots of pills but I am going to save some for the next owie he gets, maybe save myself a vet bill. Randi told me to look into pet insurance and with Riley...it's not a bad idea!

No comments: