Saturday, March 27, 2010

Week #1-Complete

Well, I survived. It actually wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. The evenings are definitely the worst, when I'm used to snacking on whatever I want. I lost 2.5lbs and I feel pretty good. I did crash Wednesday night, for 3 hours I was very moody and I hated the diet and all the food and I just ended up going to bed early and renting a movie off iTunes. But I was fine the next day. I've learned how cheap and delicious things like yams, sweet potatoes (yes, two different things) and squash are. They don't even need anything except cinnamon for flavour, but I'd sure love it if I could have margarine. I'm allowed butter, but I don't have any because I dont like it. I was raised on margarine and its margarine I want. I have been tracking my calories on an application on my iTouch and I'm allowed up to 1,600 calories a day but I'm lucky if I get 1,000 and I only hit that because I eat pure almond butter everyday. I'm only allowed 2tblsp but its so delicious. I never have to eat peanut butter again, this is so much better tasting and better for you. It's my dessert every night now. Today is the first day of week 2 and I'm allowed one portion of grains or one portion of fruit a day. I already had mine, a piece of whole wheat rye bread with almond butter on it. Tomorrow I can have a cup of strawberries or raspberries or half an apple. It's Georgia's birthday, so when everyone is eating cake, I will have some fruit and plain yogurt. And I don't think I will even mind.

I didn't run at all (except for the short run on Sunday) but I did do some exercises and I'm hoping to run today or else start fresh again tomorrow. Next weekend is the long Easter weekend and I'm cooking dinner for my brother and our 92 year old Great Grandfather. It should be really fun and the only hard part will be dessert. I will have my almond butter and maybe raspberries and I think I will serve them chocolate cake. 3 more weeks and counting!

No comments: