Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Eliminating the sugar bug

For the past few months I have been working up the courage and mentality to attempt a ‘sugar cleanse.’ I eat (and enjoy) sugar as much as everyone, but it’s not the treats I am worried about. It’s the everyday processed sugars found in the food we eat, such as bread, pasta and condiments. Even fruit is loaded with sugar and I love fruit! However, I love my body more and it’s not happy with me. I’ve struggled with many personal health problems over the past year and I have confidence that this cleanse will cure a lot of these issues. So, starting Sunday, I will be killing the sugar bug. It’s called Candida and you can research it if you haven’t heard of it before. I’m not going to go into great detail on what it is, but to give you an overview; it’s going cold-turkey without sugar. Eventually the program works sugar back into your diet, but naturally (eg. a piece of fruit) and with the assistance of herbal supplements to help rid the body of the ‘sugar bug’ that lives inside of you. I am not an organic freak; I do not think sugar is bad, I just think my body is riddled with too much of it. For the next 4-6 weeks, I am going to use this blog to chronicle my journey/challenge in killing off my sugar bug. I think the first week will be the hardest but I am determined and I just feel like this will be really good for me. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Good Luck!