Tuesday, June 02, 2009

27 degree run

I love 27 degree weather; I would love everyday if it was 27 degrees. However…it makes it tough to run. I’m not at all conditioned to running in heat. I’ve read about people who run through deserts and the Grand Canyon and all that kind of stuff and I know I would never do that. But I had to run last night and I was in the mood to do a long run, well, long for me. So I ran from my house, down to Colwood and then back up on Goldstream Ave, past BP’s and back home. It’s about 8.5km and it was so hot! I’m very glad I drank 8 cups water at work yesterday; otherwise I would have died from dehydration. I need to learn to run with water. Janice said she saw an ad for a water bottle that attaches to your hand when you run and we’ve decided we’d like to try it out. I’m glad I went for the run though, I felt good after I got home and I can take today off.

I have to share my dream with you guys because it was so weird! I dreamed that I ran into Lance, Emma and Nicholas (Australian friends) at the airport. I have no idea why they were at the airport or why I was, but there we were. Anyway, they were heading back to Australia and I really wanted to go with them. So I did. I didn’t have my passport with me, just my purse, but the airlines let me buy a ticket. It wasn’t until I was on the flight that I started to panic. Oh my God, my parents are going to be upset and what about Millennium? It wasn’t very nice of me to leave and not give them any notice. That’s when I decided I would just go to Australia for a couple of weeks and then come back home. That’s when I woke up. I’m posting an aerial picture of the Great Ocean Road, south of Melbourne. It’s gorgeous and one of my favourite memories of Australia.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Good thing you can't get anywhere anymore without a passport. I can just see you getting on a plane and calling me when you arrived.


Glad you had a good long run. I promised myself I would get back to running or yoga, or both once school is done.