Thursday, June 11, 2009

Just another mountain

So I'm at a stage in my life where I must climb another mountain...or maybe several. I won't go into details just yet, but I will soon. I found this gorgeous picture of some mountains in Scotland and I just had to post it. I wonder what awaits on the other side? I asked my friends and I had one say "happiness" and another say "downhill" but downhill is over with so much sooner than uphill. It doesnt always seem worth it, the rush is overwith so quickly.
I've ran twice since Sunday, both just leisurely 5km runs. I discovered that my nikeplus needs to be calibrated. It's clocking me at 1km more than the run actually is. This is actually not a good thing. I knew the Elk/Beaver lake run was not 12kms! So I've been trying to calibrate the sport band (I forgot to when I got my new shoes), but for some reason it's not letting me, which is frustrating.
I'm taking today off running and I skipped lacrosse last night because I hadn't spent an evening at home in over a week and I had things to do. Phone calls to make, emails to answer and a mountain of laundry (see, another mountain). Anyway, I got it all done. I am planning an 8k run tomorrow night and on Saturday I joined a Nike online competition to see who can run the fastest 1km. I dont know why I joined because I won't win, but I do like to challenge myself.
Our weather is still really good. It's been 22-24 degrees all week, which is perfect for me. I ran during lunch at work this week, but no one joined me. The bosses are all in Ottawa for the next week, for the CAUBO conference, so I will be running alone next week too. That's ok though, I dont mind.
The new version of the Nike Sports Band has been released. I saw it and it looks exactly the same as the old one, however I'm rather pissed that Nike is dragging its heels on informing current recalled nike band owners how to replace their old sport bands. Mine works just fine but I want the new one!
That's all for now, cheers.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Another beautiful picture. Sorry about your nikeplus is over reporting. Hey I wanted to let you know I found a new Yoga studio and it is just down from the car wash - drop ins welcome! I will be heading there in three weeks (school will be done) - See we all have mountains we have to tackle. They are all a bit different in size and style.

Samantha said...

Sweet, that's not far from the house at all. You can get cheesecake on a stick by the car wash too, I might have to join you for a yoga class one day...
;)