Monday, June 22, 2009

Sean's Visit

Weekend's are too short, they really are. Saturday morning I volunteered at the Gordon Head Summer Kick off Carnival. It was two really boring hours of greeting people at the door and giving them map, directions and other various info. It was chilly out too, which sucked as I was mostly outside. I met some cool people though and the kids had a blast. There was arts and crafts, a bouncy castle, a bbq, obstacle course, there were lots of things for them to do.

Sean showed up at 1:30 and I took him to the office, Uvic and then the scenic drive, as he really hasn't seen much of Victoria. We ended up at the breakwater, where Pete, Kristi and Jamie joined us. We had a nice visit with them on the walk and then went to Starbucks for some tea and more chat. Of course I took him to see the family in Langford and the girls played shy for about 5 mins and then decided they loved him. It was pretty cute. We didnt get up to too much, we rented 'Defiance,' which is pretty good and on Sunday morning we walked around Thetis, where it rained on us for a bit but it was warm and beautiful. I got some great shots, which are posted on this blog.

I hardly ran last week, it was a very tiresome week as I just couldnt sleep. I think Thursday night I was in bed before nine and just crashed. The girls ran Sunday morning at 7:30am but I Just couldnt bring myself to get up that early, especially after sleeping on the couch. So I just got back from a run on the Galloping Goose. I only meant to run 10k but the next thing I knew, I was at Vic General Hospital...so I turned around and headed back to my car. I decided not to run my hill tonight, it was brutal on my back last week. So I ran a fairly decent, if not slow, 13km tonight. Shannon is on holidays tomorrow, she will be in Ontario visiting her family for the next week, so it will just be Jan and I this week.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I love the picture of the two of you, can I have it sent to me, please?