Friday, June 19, 2009

TGIF

Thank goodness it's Friday! It's been a long week. Despite the fact that the screen on my Nike sportband started to break Tuesday, I went for a run last night. I was supposed to run on Wednesday but I haven't been sleeping well so I skipped it and just read and relaxed. The run was good, I only went just over 5k, however I made it halfway up my hill! I'm so proud and it actually wasnt that bad. Helps that it was after a 5k run and not a 12k. The weather was warm but there was no sun, so that helped too. I really hope Nike starts the sportsband swap soon, my band isnt going to last much longer. I can only read the first half of the screen. I might have to call them today to find out what is going on. My back is terribly sore today from the run, I could feel the pain in my lower back as I hoofed it up the hill, so I will skip the hill on my run tonight.

I baked cookies for Georgia and Paige last night after my run. Today is Paige's last day of school so I will take them to her as a celebration treat in a bit. Sean is in Nanaimo tonight visiting friends, but he will come to Victoria tomorrow afternoon. I'm volunteering at the Gordon Head fair tomorrow morning, I hope it doesnt rain. I also hope they dont give me the job of face-painting. I cannot do that!
I talked to Janice last night and we're planning a long run on Sunday. We've decided to run the Galloping Goose again because I think her and Shannon run too much on the concrete and they need to run more paths. It's easier on your body. So that is the plan, I'm so glad its the weekend! I have to run, clean my house and then I can relax. I'm looking forward to Sean's visit, although it will be very short.

No comments: