Sunday, May 31, 2009

Lower Thetis Lake

So I bought my new shoes Friday night, size 10 Asics 2140. I decided to hike Thetis lake on Saturday to try them out and see how they went. I have never hiked Thetis lake before, but I have gone swimming there a few times. The weather yesterday was gorgeous, 23 and not a cloud in site. So I grabbed my iPod, camera and went for a hike. There are several trails on Thetis lake, the main ones Upper and Lower. I decided to take the lower trail, which ended up being a 30 min walk. It was quiet and I hardly ran into anyone. I got some nice pictures and scoped out the trails for running. It's not a bad running trail, a little hilly on one side but you just have to be cautious running down (loose gravel). There were actually some people swimming, which I think is brave.



This morning Janice, Shannon and I ran 8km along the Galloping Goose Trail, which is a trail that runs all over Victoria and out to Sooke. Some parts of it are paved, most are not, so it makes for a good running trail. We started at 9 and already it was smokin but there were some shaded parts and it was a good run. The last km was a long hill and we decided to push it and we all did really well. The best part? My runners are fantastic!

No comments: