Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Champagne Birthday

Well, it is May 27 and I am 27 years old. Like most (I assume), I am not where I thought I would be at this age. When I was a little girl, I always thought I would graduate at 24, marry at 25 and have kids at 27. Well, I got the graduation part down.

But I can’t be totally bummed…

I’ve travelled across Europe, the UK, Australia and I’ve been to Hawaii, Las Vegas, Disneyland, Fiji, and New Zealand.

I’ve attended great concerts such as Celine Dion (x2), Aerosmith, Shania Twain, Cher and Van Morrison.

I’ve seen great entertainment such as Stars on Ice in Vancouver, CATS in London and Cirque du Soleil KA in Las Vegas.

I’ve gotten to experience the most amazing things, such as learning to scuba dive, snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef, sand boarding, river tubing and mud baths in Fiji, castle tours in Europe, and a bridge climb in Sydney. I've toured a concentration camp in Germany, been to the top of the Eiffel Tower, visited the catacombs and Coliseum in Rome, saw the David, lit a candle in Notre Dame, saw Buckingham Palace and viewed the Vatican. I’ve seen the real Mona Lisa in the famous Louvre museum, I’ve wrestled goats and I’ve driven 4WD (standard/ wrong-side) on the worst road conditions on the largest sand island in the world. I’ve held a koala, swam in one of the most remote lakes in the world, learned to surf and wakeboard, held a baby crocodile, python, cockatoo and lizard. I’ve participated in a real kava ceremony in a village in Fiji, I’ve drank Guinness in Ireland, I’ve travelled the Great Ocean Road, I touched a 500lb fish, swam with a sea turtle, I've sailed to Whitehaven Beach and I managed to experience all of this with the best of my friends and family!

I’m a pretty lucky girl. Maybe I should be worried because my bucket list is almost complete! I only have a couple of things left on it…such as getting married, having babies, owning a pair of Jimmy Choos and going to New York. Gosh life is fun!

If today is your birthday: A positive realization is dawning on you. This year, you'll discover a way to seize the advantage, terminate some long-standing problems and get yourself on the road to success.

2 comments:

W said...

Your dad should have a Black Widow blog, at least one... you should give him access to your blog so that he can share the wonders that is the Black Widow Adventure.

Samantha said...

Yeah right! Although you havent heard about the latest black widow excitment...