Friday, July 23, 2010

Jyoti's Bachelorette

Whew, what a weekend! It was a whirlwind of fun! I took the 8am ferry and Jyo picked me up. We checked into the hotel downtown just after 11am and Gina was waiting in the Starbucks across the street. She met us in the lobby and Jyo was really surprised to see her, which was great. We put our luggage in our room and sat on the King bed chatting for awhile. But I was starving, so we walked to the Vancouver Art Gallery and had lunch on the patio. It was very hot and I lightly burned my shoulders (again!). After that we walked around downtown before going to Jyo's apartment to meet up with her cousin Preet. Luckily everything was downtown and close, so we didn't have to cab it everywhere. We met up with the other girls around 3pm for the dance lessons (which was a hoot). However, we made a promise to one another just to share those pics privately, so I won't post any.

After the dance lessons (where some of us started drinking), we went back to the hotel and had chips and cupcakes that Preet made and chatted and everyone got to know one another. We started to get ready for dinner and I opened the champagne and we toasted Jyoti. The champagne was really good, I'm pretty sure I consumed half a bottle! I was tipsy for dinner. We were all looking pretty foxy, rigged up in pink and pink accessories! We put on pink tattoos, makeup, accessories and jewellery, and we made Jyo wear a tiara with veil, a sash, carry a purse with a stuffed dog in it and a flowered lei bracelet as well. It was a lot of fun.

We ate a ton of sushi for dinner and I tried sake for the first time. It was disgusting, tasted like turpentine smells! Gina and Jyo were the only ones who liked it and they got a bit tipsy off it. After dinner we all walked back to the hotel, making Jyoti do things on her "Scavenger hunt list" which of course, are all embarassing. We have great photos. At the hotel some of the girls left and the rest of us put on pink face masks and pink glow stick bracelets and headed to the club.

We went to Tonic, as I had VIP passes for us. The music was really good but the club was lacking in cute guys. We got Jyoti drunk (again) and wandered the streets again some more, making her complete the list. I won't go into great detail about what happened that night, it was just a lot of fun and there were a lot of laughs. We returned to the hotel around 3 and, thankfully, slept in.

No comments: