Thursday, July 29, 2010

As Time Passes...

I feel very sentimental today. I keep reflecting on past things. I think it's because Jyo is getting married in two days and, although I'm thrilled for her, I'm also kind of sad. I just remember back when we were kids, goofing off, going shopping, playing with make-up, running from our brothers. Crazy fun times. 21 years later and we are still the best of friends.
One of the guys at work today admitted that he and another co-worker used to make fun of me behind my back when I first returned from Australia because I picked up slang and accent. I really didnt think I had, so this surprised me. They would msn back and forth whenever I said an "Australian" word like "ye" or "I reckon." Little creeps! Actually, I find it amusing. I had no idea I picked up stuff that was noticeable. I certainly didnt keep it long but it is fascinating how you pick up other languages from being around them.
My Grandpa had to have surgery on his heart, we had quite the scare. He is just fine and recovery nicely now but it wasn't a pleasant couple of days. Thank goodness my grandmother is so strong and was able to cope with it all. She's a trooper. My parents were also there to help out, which was really great. They are on holidays this week, enjoying wineries, boating and visiting with friends in peachland. I think this is their first kidless summer holiday. Wow.

No comments: