Sunday, March 23, 2008

St. Paddy's Day

Monday was St. Paddy's Day here in Sydney, Australia and I celebrated by meeting up with some friends of mine. Nick and Alex are two blokes from London, England that I met in Fiji. They've spent the last month in New Zealand and came to Sydney on Sunday. So they called me up and we decided to get together on St. Paddy's Day. They were staying in Darling Harbour and the only bar I knew down there was called the Pontoon Pub so we decided to meet up there after I got off work (8:30pm). Cassie came with me and we met up with the boys (who had already started drinking). Cassie and I had dinner while Alex drank 4 pints of guiness in order to get everyone a 'free' hat. Well done Alex I say, we had fun with those hats!
After dinner and drinks at the Pontoon Pub, we decided to walk around Darling Harbour (gorgeous at night) and then we headed to George St (CBD) to see if we could find a rockin Irish Pub. We found one on King St and I think it was called O'Brian's but I dont really remember. On the way there though some chick stole Nick's hat so Alex and I took up the pursuit down the street chasing this biotch down. I got the hat and Alex accidentally got one of her shoes (she was carrying them). He threw the shoe in the air and we kept running. How dare she think she could steal MY friend's hat! paaah.


We did reach the pub without further incident and after standing in line for only a few mins we were in. It was a nice pub, 2 levels with sticky floors and many people dressed in green. I got the honours that night as I was the only one of us four who is actually Irish. Funny enough, I'm the only one who didn't drink beer, I'm a wino baby. I must mention that the wine here is fantastic. I've had several different kinds (all Australian) and they've all been fantastic. The cost for a glass of wine varies from $6-8, so not far off from Canada's prices. They were playing great music and we danced and talked and made fun of the couple making out beside us. We mostly shared our travel stories and plans.

As I had to work the next day at 8:30am, we headed home around 3am (this was early), the boys walked us to our bus stop down at Circular Quay and Cassie fell asleep on the bus. I got 5 hours sleep but it was worth it.

1 comment:

Ptilonyssus said...

bridge blog please.