Monday, March 19, 2007

Happy Days

March is turning out to be a really good month, weather wise and...life wise.

So I am on this new kick to get healthy. I eat way too much junk and I need to cut down. So this week I am doing a 'cleanse' of which I have never done before. This particular cleanse allows me to only eat fruit, veggies and some meat. Its my way of giving up bread and sugar cold turkey. Don't get me wrong, I'm not giving it up forever, just trying to reduce the amount I allow into my system. I am only on day two and its hard but it will be worth it.

I went for another walk on Sunday because it was so beautiful out! I could have worn sandals and a tank top and been comfortable. Of course I took more pictures, the first photo being my favourite. I can't have enough pictures of blossoms. Its currently my desktop photo. I am still running but I hurt my leg on my Friday run so I took Saturday off and then only walked yesterday. I plan on running again tonight.

I am counting down the days until school is over...forever! I have loved going to school over the past 5 years, its been a wonderful experience but now I am ready for something new. I really just want a social life again, I miss that the most. I just have 3 summer courses to make it through...and of course my final two essays! They are killing me because I have no motivation to write them. But I've talked to many of my friends and they all feel the same way. Maybe because its the end of the years and we are so close to being donw.

Of course I plan to travel but I won't give any information on that just yet. I am heading to Vegas with my mom at the end of April and that should be a fun girl's weekend! The last time my mom and I travelled somewhere together was 5 years ago when we met up in London. It was a great time and I know this experience will be just as memorable. We have started a tradition of travelling somewhere together every 5 years. My mom loves to travel, just like me, but my dad hates travelling so its best that we go together. We are staying at the Monte Carlo, which is located beside Caesars Palace, which is the perfect location for us. We have tickets in the Orchestra to see Celine Dion (we have always been huge fans) and I'm so excited to see that performance. All in all, I'm really looking forward to this trip.

So I am looking for a new place to live...what a hassle. My roomie is moving back to Vancouver for the summer and will be gone at the end of April. I dont think my landlords will have me sign a lease for the summer so I plan on moving out for July. I would stay the full summer but as I will not be here to move at the end of July (family vacation) and we all know its impossible to find a good place for September (student rush). I will probably get a one bedroom but its very expensive. Might be worth it for awhile though.
Once again all my photos have been taken by me at the Hillside Golf Course (thanks Matt).

2 comments:

Ptilonyssus said...

Howdy, So, how is the living pure going? Everytime I try to swear of sweets, I go back to them asking for forgiveness. Take it easy on the running, it is brutally high impact. You should join the biking community, come to use, be one of us.

Wayne

Ptilonyssus said...

Okay Sam, I think it really is time for some new updates. btw, my blog is back, I am back from thesis writing.