Thursday, July 20, 2006

Thoughts

Does anybody believe in karma? I totally believe in it and I think it defines who we are as people. Good stuff happens to good people right? Many would disagree with that statement, I even do sometimes. But eventually really good things happen that you realize it just took so long to get to you, like slow shipping. So when I am having really bad days, I try and do something really nice - like hold a door open for someone, pay a compliment or give attention to someone who needs it....even when I dont want too. I cant help think that one day when I need it, someone will do something nice for me. It happens all the time. I am very fortunate to have some pretty fantastic people in my life...I dont know what I would do without them. There are those who let you down..certain individuals in my family for one or even people who I once called friends. But none of that really matters when you think of your life and what you have in it. We are so lucky to live where we do and have what we have. Its too bad so many of us take it for granted. I used to take it for granted but then I moved to Victoria and I have had so much time to myself that I feel I have rediscovered who I am. Everyday I am thankful for the people in my life and the things around me. So every now and then I stop. Just stop. And I think of how thankful I am for my family, my job, my good health and loyal friends. When I do that, the problems of the day.....fade into the background.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you Samantha, I think you are finaly happy where you are. That makes me happy.

Ptilonyssus said...

right on, I agree Sam. Whenever I feel down I tell myself 'this isn't Auschwitz'