Monday, July 10, 2006

A Summer Walk

My dearest blogmates, I must apologize for the delay in my writing. I have just been....lazy! You know how it is, summer, sunshine...the beach!!
Anyway, here are some pictures of my most recent walk:
This first one is the path of which I walk....its very peaceful and not that busy (except on the weekends). I absolutely love how surrounded I am by the forest.

This is the cat I always see in the farmers field chasing birds and mice. He is a brillant colour and I caught him mid-hunt on some birds.

This is an amazing shot of a Maple Leaf against the blue of the afternoon sky. It really stands out...great representation for Canada!

This is the environmental habitat lake that I walk too. It was a great night for a shot and the reflections turned out beautiful.

This little guy was sitting on the bridge over the lake and he was more than happy to pose for me while I took a dozen (at the least) shots of him. This was my best shot.

Yet again another shot of the lake. Lily pad surround it, providing shelter and food for ducks, fish and turtles.

I came accross these guys by accident, I was so focused on the lake that I almost pushed them off the bridge! I call them my lovebirds although I think they are really just buds catching the last of the evening rays and huddling for warmth. The one on the right totally ignored me until the last shot when he decided to crack his eye to see what the hell I was disturbing him for.

And that's about it for my photos. I dont think I will have too many new ones from my walk for awhile...unless something really cool pops up. I would love to find a turtle but they are hard to catch on land or close to the surface....still I wont give up, I wont!
Buenos Noches

1 comment:

Ptilonyssus said...

I like the bird shot, it's like they are speaking to each other.