Sunday, April 16, 2006

Panning for Gold!


Okay, I had Jamie all day Friday and we really had a blast. I forgot how much energy kids have and she tired me out! We started our day out swimming for two hours and Jamie is a good swimmer. After some lunch, we headed to Sydney, a really pretty little town 30 min north of Victoria. Its right on the ocean (of course) and we were blessed with good weather. I took Jamie to "Mineral World and Scratch Patch" where she looked at pretty gems, visited the kids interactive area, panned for gold and collected rocks. Jamie loves rocks and has her own little rock collection in her bedroom (don't all kids?), so I knew she would love it there. She really enjoyed panning for gold and I had fun helping her. I took her for ice cream after that and of course she got the wildest flavour with blue,red and yellow. It was yucky but she ate it all! ha ha ha. We wanted to go rollarblading when we got home, but it started to rain and so we played Spyro on PS2 and ended up falling asleep together on the floor! All in all it was a great day. I gave her her Easter present and some American money to spend at Disneyworld, where the family is now. The house is a little silent, but I was out last night and I will be again tonight, so I dont notice it as much right now.
I took some picture of Sydney because I thought they were pretty and showed a bit of Syndey.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, pretty pictures! You have flowers already in Victoria? Wish Calgary had some flowers...:(

Anonymous said...

It's Sidney =P

Anonymous said...

Carolyn says:
hey samantha nice to hear from you all is well at our house in P.G. your flowers are wonderful. thake care!!