Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Michael Buble!

What a fun weekend! On Saturday morning, Alana, Janice and I headed over to Vancouver. It was supposed to be Lindsay, Janice, me and Sandra but Sandra had to cancel because of a family emergency and Lindsay wasn't feeling well. So she was kind enough to give her ticket to my aunt and the three of us headed off. We knew it was going to be a crazy weekend because the first thing we saw when we got off the ferry was a red pickup truck caught up in the tide. Three guys with rope were trying to save it but the water was up to the steering wheel..bummer dude. Shortly after, some Jersey Shore wannabe hit on Janice, he was so drunk he reeked of alcohol. Janice kept repeating, "I'm married" but he wasn't listening to her. It was hilarious for us observers but Janice was annoyed. When she didnt give him the response he wanted, he turned to the girl next to him and asked her to put her number in his phone. What a creep.
We got to our hotel (Sandman) around 2pm and we went for lunch at Moxies where we had delicious raspberry-kiwi margaritas. We went shopping at Pacific Centre, but I didn't buy anything. We saw a couple of people dressed like zombies and we had no clue why until later at the concert when Michael Buble pointed out that it was zombie day...who knew?
We met up with my friends Jyoti, Sukh and Nav for dinner (at Moxies again). We had terrible service but it was great to see pieces of the entourage again and everyone got along really well. Us three ladies went directly to the concert afterwards and it was amazing! I wasn't impressed with the opening act, Naturally 7 or whatever, I just wanted to see Michael Buble. He didn't disappoint. He was funny, charismatic and amazing. He sang all my favourites plus two songs I didnt know. He also donated all the proceeds from his concerts to the Vancouver Children's hospital. wow, what a guy. I noticed he had a ring on his finger and I was heartbroken until he announced that it is an engagement ring. Yess, there is still time for the wedding to be called off, hee hee.
At one point in the concert, Michael came down into the audience. We had floor seats and right beside our row was a small platform. Michael came and sang two songs on it and I was right at the edge. He reached out into the audience and grabbed my hand! I was in shock. He then put his hand on the railing and I put my hand over his...I know it's creepy but I have no idea what came over me. I turned into one of those screaming 14 year old girls! Whatever, I touched Michael Buble!

Ha, after the concert we went to the Shark Club but we didn want to pay the fee to get in, so we went back to Moxies. Sean and Ryley joined us for a drink and then we headed up to our hotel. None of us slept well. AJ talked in her sleep and kept me up. At one point she got up and forgot where she was and walked into the wall! We've been bugging her ever since. She also walked into my suitcase twice and after the second time we heard, "F*#G suitcase!" Hilarious, it was so hard not to burst out laughing.
The next day we met up with Sean, Ryley and Meg for brunch at Glowbal in Yaletown. They served us a basket of mini donuts when we sat down...heaven! It totally reminded me of the Calgary Stampeded, how I missed mini donuts. Of course I ate 3, I couldn't resist. Meg and I split two breakfasts but Sean actually ate two breakfasts! Well, he didnt finish his pancakes because he ran out of whipped cream. Ryley nibbled on two poached eggs and some fruit and Janice had issues getting a tea latte from the waiter. He had no idea what it was and ended up serving her something that resembled swamp water. Poor Janice just wanted some tea!
Sean and Ryley went their own way after breakfast but we ladies went to Canada Place and then to Robson Street. It was nice of Meg to spend the afternoon with us. She dropped us off at the train station around 3pm and we skytrained it to the ferry terminal, which is cheap ($2.50) and easy. We made the 5, had dinner and then we were rather exhausted. I slept well, nothing like your own bed. It was a fabulous weekend.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Wishing I had been there too!