Wednesday, July 29, 2009

It's so bloody hot here! This is very unusual for Victoria, as we islanders are not prepared for this heat. It's been an average of 33 degrees since the weekend and I don't have air conditioning. Work does, thankfully, but Uvic doesn't. I thought I would melt in my final, I think I rushed through the last essay just so that I could leave the room and breathe again.

I finished my first two summer courses, I really enjoyed them. I started my new courses today and, luckily, most of my friends from my first two classes are also in this one. The prof only kept us an hour today because he thinks its ridiculous that we dont have a break between courses. I completely agree.

No, I haven't ran in over 2 weeks. Between the heat, my insomnia and school, I haven't had the time or energy to do so. I will have to kick back into gear next week as it will signify the start of my two month countdown to my half marathon. I think Shannon has backed out, but it's not official yet. Janice is still gun-ho. We'll see what happens.

I'd like to send a shout out to my dear friend (and faithful blogger) Wayne on his recent marriage. Congrats!

2 comments:

W said...

faithful blogger, no way. I guess I should send out a blog before Spain, and then periodically put stuff up about Spain while there.

The Heat Sounds Nice

Samantha said...

Yes! Spain is fantastic, I want to hear all about your trip. Take lots of pictures.