Friday, August 25, 2006

A Weekend in Vancouver!


So I spent last weekend in Van with Jyo and her friends....it was totally wicked. Trying to ignore the fact that I got hardly any sleep Friday night before I left and almost missed the ferry....I did make it you know.

Anyway, Friday night Laura called me out of the blue and we ended up heading down to Centennial Square and listening to "City and Colour" live, we couldnt get tickets so we watched through the fence. We met up with her friends afterwards and headed to "The Mint" for some drinks that kept us there until around 2. It was great fun and Laura and her friends are very cool.

I had to catch the 8 o'clock ferry the next day and after 4 hours sleep....I didnt actually get to the ferry until 8. I was told that I was too late but the nice ferry lady managed to get me on (phewf) and despite the rough ride (oh barf), I made it to Van in good shape. Jyo and I hit the mall first (Sam & Jyo style) before getting some great sushi for lunch. She took me to her place, which is so cute and she has the nicest roomies!! After a huge dinner of two, yes-count 'em two-veggies burgers, we got ready and headed out to meet up with her friends.

I have never met Jyo's friends before, so I wasnt sure what to expect. They were awesome. They were the nicest, funniest, coolest girls ever. I am not kidding. They were so easy going and made me feel like I was part of the "group." We immediatly got along and had a blast. We had trouble getting into a club because we didnt get downtown until well after eleven, but the journey down was hilarious. I was opening drinks on church steps, truck bumpers and whatever else I could find!! Sukdeep was climbing trees and Jyo was all business in getting a cab! I have great pictures posted throughout this blog, will not even try to explain them! Well, 6 girls never had so much fun, it was a pretty wicked night. We did get in a club but it was dead...played good music though.

On Sunday we met up for lunch on Granville Island and then toured around for a bit before I had to head out to the ferry. I got practically no sleep but it was worth it. I hope they come and visit Jyo and I often this year.

1 comment:

Ptilonyssus said...

you could have at least explained the strange man....